FIRST STEAMWORKS 2017
FIRST STEAMWORKS, the 2017 FIRST Robotics Competition game, invites two adventure clubs from an era in which technology relied on steam power to prepare their airships for the ultimate long distance race.
Each three-team alliance prepares to take flight in three ways:
1. Build Steam Pressure. Robots collect fuel represented by green balls. They score it in high and low goals in their boiler. As fuel is scored steam pressure in the tank on the alliance’s airship builds – the high goal builds pressure faster than the low goal.
2. Start Rotors. Robots retrieve and deliver gears to pilots on their airship who then install them on the appropriate rotor. Once a gear train is complete the rotor can be started.
3. Prepare for Flight. Adventure clubs want their robots to climb aboard their airships so they can assist the pilots during the race. Autonomous Period: Robots operate independently from preprogrammed instructions for the first 15 seconds. Adventure clubs score points by:
- Reaching their baseline
- Delivering gears to the airship
- Scoring fuel into the boilers
The adventure club with the highest score at the end of the match is best prepared for the race and wins.
Robot Reveal Night 2017
Thursday the 23rd of Februari we had an amazing reveal night for the parents and friends.
They all loved our robot, the result of the 6 weeks of hard work and the enthusiasm on everyone’s faces.
Here is an awesome video of the reveal night made by Code 101 Productions.