- Powered by 1x NEO motor with spark max motor controller
- Intake roller 1:2 reduced
- 10x 2” Mechanum Wheels to center the cargo when taking in
- 1 x 3” compliant wheel to take the cargo in.
- Made out of a combination of 5mm and 8mm thick polycarbonate arms
- Based on a 4-Bar mechanism to expand and collapse the intake
- Movement by 2x SMC C85N16-50 pneumatic cylinders directed by an SMC 5/3 solenoid valve
- Designed to easily assemble and disassembled
Intake mounted on the drivetrain with only 4 bolts to be maintenance friendly
Intake gets expanded and collapsed by 2 pneumatic cylinders that push down a rack to move a pinion mounted to the intake arms.
ROLLERS ARE CUSTOM MADE, 3D PRINTED SPIRALS TO GUIDE THE CARGO TO THE CENTER OF THE ROBOT
The second roller above the intake roller contains 3D printed wheels to collect bouncing and unsettled cargo.
This intake was eventually not chosen because it has more risks than the current intake. The current intake can receive hits and will absorb them by retracting into the drivetrain while this one has to absorb all the forces. Also, the current intake is more maintenance-friendly and consists of fewer parts.